2015 was mostly a wonderful year for me – Chris and I got engaged and started planning our wedding, we made some amazing improvements to our home, and I was lucky enough to be able to stay home with CJ for the majority of the year.
Everything was amazing until October hit. I took my return to work really hard and had a very difficult time adjusting to our new routine both emotionally and physically. October to December of 2015 seems like a blur. I stopped eating well, exercising, blogging, and working on anything productive. Between multiple sicknesses in our household, Chris being on business trips, and the huge Christmas to-do list, I was stressed to the max. I was sad and tired, and really missed being a stay-at-home mom.
2016 is going to be a year of adjustment for me.
Over a much needed 2 week Christmas vacation, I thought a lot about the upcoming year and decided that this year I need to come to terms with being back at work. I will need to stop fantasizing about a time when I will be able to stay home with my kids again because in reality, it will probably never happen.
This year will be a year of finding our “new normal” and making time for myself so that I can avoid staying in the same head space I’ve been in since October.
With that, here are some things I’m looking forward to in 2016:
1. Our wedding!
2. Finally getting a minivan
3. Making home improvements
4. Getting to see our children turn 8, 7, and 2
5. Taking on some new creative projects
And here are my official resolutions:
1. Eat right and excercise (same as every. single. year)
2. Save money – get back into saving, couponing, and pricematching
3. Make our house feel more like a home – add decor and find our personal style
4. Get organized – several rooms in our house need a huge overhaul
5. Take time for myself
Wishing everyone an amazing 2016!