2017 was a year of settling into a somewhat more simple life for us. It was our first year with no huge life events occurring and no big plans on the horizon. It was finally our year to do what we wanted. This past year I learned to go-with-the-flow more than ever, and to be honest, I’m really proud of that.
A lot of the time, we set New Year’s resolutions that include materialistic items or goals that are near impossible. We make commitments that we know we won’t keep, but hope that writing them down or saying them out loud will make it more likely.
Like last year, this year I am working on setting realistic resolutions. My top 3 resolution setting tips are below:
1. Pick resolutions that don’t involve changing your entire life, but are based on simple self improvement.
2. Make sure your resolutions don’t require a ton of money or resources, especially if you know they’re out of your reach.
3. Take baby steps! Small resolutions are easier to achieve, and are more likely to keep you motivated.
With that, here are my official 2018 resolutions:
1. Start learning calligraphy – This has been on my list for 2 years now and I really want to cross it off!
2. Increase our net worth by $5,000 – This means paying off debt through a series of smaller goals. One of those is to spend $500 less on dining out this year.
3. Focus on inexpensive home upgrades – Painting and DIY’s are small chores that will make a big impact.
4. Finally move the blog to WordPress – I’ve been slowly but surely working on this, but boy is it time consuming!
5. Find 5 new staple dinners – My family is very picky and I hate cooking. This will be a challenge, but we need to switch it up.
6. Continue to not let the little things distract me – I did well learning to go with the flow in 2017, but there is still room for improvement. I need to continue to learn that I’m not in control of everything.
What are your resolutions this year? Tell me in the comments!