Last Updated on
This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure statement here.
This summer has been a hot one so far and I can’t even lie – I hate it. I’ll be over here alone counting down the days until Fall.
Until then, here’s my list of things to do this summer.
Summer To Do List
- No spending – Daycare costs are a killer for us during the summer months, so we’re trying to keep it light. We wanted a pool this summer but it’s just not in the budget!
- Sell items from our playroom – It’s finally time to get rid of toys. Our youngest is 4 and we still have baby toys lying around. No more clutter!
- Explore our surroundings – Our family is going to stay close to home and check out some nearby places we’ve never been.
- Clean up our backyard – We have a pile of old wood that needs burning as well as some hardcore weeding to do.
- Minimize use of the oven – I hate cooking during the summer, so I’m trying to find ways to avoid my oven. In the end, this will also help with keeping our home cool in the evenings without using extra energy.
Progress on the Spring To Do List
- We visited quite a few new places this year including Toledo Speedway. More to come this summer!
- I’ve been sooo much more active with my kids this year compared to last. We’ve been swimming and going to the park like crazy.
- We completely paid off our credit cards! So huge for us.
- I completed a small project, but nothing huge. We’re still trying to be extra frugal so there is no room for me to play right now!
- I’m currently in the midst of finalizing our family Niagara Falls trip in a few weeks. I can’t wait!