This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure statement here.
You guys! My favourite season is finally here! If you’re like me, you get the most motivation in Fall. It’s crispy and chilly and the changing scenery inspires me to really work on my goals.
Here’s what I’m planning this Fall!
Fall Bucket List
1. Get Christmas shopping done early
I’m normally pretty good at doing this, but last year I completely failed and was ordering from Amazon until the very last moment. I vowed that this year I would do a better job and space out my purchases.
I’ve already set up my Amazon wishlists so that I can watch prices and order accordingly. If you don’t do this, check out my post here to see why you should (scroll down to #10)!
2. Sell 12 items
Since the summer, I’ve been making it a goal to sell 4 items a month and I plan to continue that trend to the end of the year.
If you don’t think you have 12 sellable items laying around your home… trust me, you do. The 4 items a month I sell can be big or small, as long as I get them out of my house and make a couple of dollars.
3. Finally FINALLY finish our front yard landscaping
It’s been at least 2 years of me aiming to accomplish this goal, but I know it’s really time! We have no other big home projects going on, so I think we can finally do it.
We’ve decided to forgo any type of plants and just do a rock bed. This way I can add planters and other fun ornaments without having to worry about maintenance. I hate gardening with a passion.
4. Visit an apple orchard AND a pumpkin patch
Last year we visited an apple orchard for the first time and had so much fun that we definitely need to do it again. With our schedules being so crazy lately (thanks hockey!) we need to put aside time with the kids. I think making these trips a tradition is the perfect way to do that.
5. Learn 3 new recipes
My family loves comfort food, so every year when the weather changes I try and learn to cook something new. Last year I perfected this delicious cheesy chicken and rice bake and this year I’ve got my eye on a few soups as well as different types of pumpkin bread.
Progress on the Summer List
- Having a no-spend summer didn’t go as planned AT ALL. We only did one trip, but between preparing for hockey and working on our house, it was impossible. You win some, you lose some!
- My goal to finally get rid of all of the toys in our playroom was hugely successful. I’ve made over $650 this year selling things and our playroom is nearly cleared! I’m so proud of myself for this.
- We definitely completed our goal of checking our more local places. We took a few fun trips to the Detroit area and did things we never had before. It’s crazy how little you have to travel for new experiences!
- Unfortunately we didn’t get much of a chance to burn any of the wood in our backyard because it was simply too hot. This one can be pushed to be completed this Fall!
- We hardly used our oven at all this summer, which was new for us. My husband stepped up his grill game and I can’t wait to see what he learns next year.
What’s on your Fall bucket list?