This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure statement here.
I’m obsessed with planners, and this year I was on the hunt for something chic and functional. I ended up finding something absolutely perfect.
Check out my gold polka dot planner below!
I really struggled to find a planner that I liked this year. I really, really didn’t want a spiral bound planner. Actually, I wanted one almost identical to my 2016 planner. I searched all through December and came up empty handed. I even considered printing new pages for last years binder, but I ran out of time.
I came across this planner at Michaels for 50% off ($20!). The gold polka dots caught my eye immediately, mostly because they match the Kate Spade coffee mug I bring to work everyday. I wasn’t in love, but it was the last week in December and I decided to settle.
Recollections had several options for planner types – vertical layout, horizontal layout, goal based, fitness based, etc. I can’t stand vertical layouts, so I chose to go with the creative year in a horizontal layout.
I didn’t love it at first, but it’s really growing on me for these reasons:
- The weekly layout is clean, uncrowded, and printed in pretty pastel colours
- At the very back, there is a folder for loose papers as well as a sealed plastic pouch (perfect for pens)
- Not only are there daily goals and notes, there are designated spots for weekly goals and notes
- The tabs along the side are extremely strong and well designed
- My favourite part? All the amazing stickers that come with it! There are more than enough for the year