Last Updated on
This post contains affiliate links and photos, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure statement here.
When it comes to holiday baking, I’m a big fan of simplicity. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and knew it was a winner, so I decided to add my own twist and give it a shot.
Here’s how I made salted caramel pretzel bark.
I swapped out semi-sweet for milk chocolate, added some festive sprinkles, and chose the ingredient amounts at my own discretion. Basically, I kept it messy, which is why these are so awesome to make.
This salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark uses only 5 ingredients:
1. Pretzels – The amount is totally up to you, but I used about 4 cups purchased from the local bulk food store.
2. Chocolate – 1 small bag, about 12 ounces. I chose milk chocolate, but this is your choice.
3. Caramels – 1 bag of caramel bits, or 11 ounces of another caramel. I used Kraft caramel bits, which are not available here in Canada. You can use wrapped caramels for the same effect.
4. Sea Salt – As much as you’d like!
5. Sprinkles (optional) – I chose cute little snowflakes, and again the amount is totally up you.
Putting it all together is extremely quick and easy:
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt 3/4 of the chocolate and spread it evenly over the parchment.
3. Lay the pretzels on top of the chocolate. At this point, throw the tray into the freezer to allow the pretzels to set in the chocolate.
4. Melt the caramels with 2 TBSP of water and pour evenly on top of the pretzels. This helps to keep them in place. Pop the tray back into the freezer to allow the caramel to set.
5. Melt the remainder of the chocolate and drizzle on top.
6. Sprinkle sea salt (lightly, especially if you’re using salted pretzels) and add sprinkles.
7. Pop the tray back into the freezer until the bark is fully hardened.
8. Break apart using your hands and serve!
I made this salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark on the weekend, and they’re already gone! I honestly think they’re going to be a new holiday baking staple, and I’m planning on trying a white chocolate version this coming week.
What’s your favourite easy holiday recipe? Share in the comments!