Last Updated on
This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure statement here.
Happy first day of Summer! My least favourite time of year is here (yay..) and as the heat increases, I’m already finding myself becoming overwhelmingly unproductive and lazy. As everyone else celebrates pool season, I’ll be over here counting down the days until colour changing trees and crispy leaves.
In the mean time, here’s my summer to do list.
Summer To Do List
- Finish my work-in-progress projects – I’ve been stalling hard lately, and hate the lack of progress I’m seeing. The walkway and girls’ room need to be finished before September rolls around.
- Get rid of toys and baby items – The other day, I was looking for something in CJ’s closet, when I realized that he’s already 3.5 years old and we still have mountains of baby toys kicking around. It’s time!
- Spend time outside as a family, and stay off our phones while doing it – We have a huge pile of scrap wood waiting for some awesome bonfires to happen, I just need to be present and in the moment during them.
- DIY a new sign to hang above our couch (something like this) – I have some ideas revolving around our wedding song, so we’ll see what I come up with.
- Limit my coffee intake to 2 cups a day – Sometimes by the end of the day, I realize that I crushed a whole pot, and when I go without I feel like garbage. I’m excited to see how this changes my energy levels.
Progress on the Spring to do list
- The walkway, where we’ll be using the Quikrete Walkmaker, is well underway. It’s taken much longer than I expected to get everything ready, but we’re hoping to actually complete this in the next few weeks.
- The girls bedroom is slowly, but steadily, coming along. I’ll be doing the window moulding this weekend.
- Painting the shutters isn’t going to happen this year. The walkway and landscaping have taken over! Oh well.
- I’ve been practicing my hand lettering at least 3 times a week! I’m so proud to say I finally started doing this, as it’s been on my lists forever. Go me!
- I learned how to make a new dinner! I’m getting much more familiar with grilling, so I tried some variations of chicken and pork this month.
What’s on your Summer to do list?